It’s true that thinning hair and hair loss is common and no less demoralizing.
Reasons can range from the simple and temporary – a vitamin deficiency – to the more complex, like an underlying health condition.
Here are some common and not-so-common reasons why you might see less hair on your head:-
- Physical stress (severe illness/trauma)
- Pregnancy (post delivery)
- Too much Vitamin A
- Lack of protein
- Male pattern baldness (after 60’s)
- Female Hormones
- Emotional Stress
- Anemia (Iron deficiency – mostly women)
- Vitamin B deficiency
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Over styling
- Antidepressants &Steroids
Apart from the above reasons if the hair loss is severe it takes the form of permanent baldness/ hair related conditions like alopecia and others.
With simple steps and more than little discipline hair loss can be minimized:
- Taking Vitamin-E supplements
- Regular oiling & head massage
- NO Chemicals on hair
- Protein-rich and balanced diet
- Low-stress levels
- Physical activity thrice in a week (minimum)
There are lot of remedies out on stands but one simple miraculous remedy which is tried and tested would be to Mix onion, garlic, ginger juice, and castor oil and apply it on the scalp, leave it for 45-60 minutes and rinse it off with mild shampoo. You would see results only in 1-2 application. Do try once!